Enterprise Connect was an Australian Government initiative in the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research. Their aim was to connect your business to the knowledge, tools and expertise necessary to improve productivity, increase competitiveness and fully capitalise on the growth potential of your business.
Grants of up to $20,000 (ex GST) on a dollar for dollar basis were available for eligible businesses.
The Enterprise Connect program is now closed but continues under a similar program called the the Entrepreneurs’ Program.
Who could access the Enterprise Connect program?
- Businesses in the manufacturing; manufacturing related services; resources technology; defence; clean energy; creative industries and remote Australia
- Turnover between $1.5m and $100m ($1m for creative/clean tech industries; $750,000 in regional areas)
- An ACN, trading for three years and solvent.
Business Review – 1st stage:
An Enterprise Connect allocated Business Adviser would conduct a structured Business Review of the business.
The Business Review was a comprehensive analysis of your business, carried out on-site, generally taking three to four working days to conduct, although that may have been spread over several weeks. Business Advisers would work with people throughout various operational levels of the business to develop a thorough view of, for example:
- the strengths and weaknesses of your business
- strategic business issues
- potential areas for business improvement
- potential areas for growth.
The Business Review was a collaborative process, with the Business Adviser and key people in the business working together to identify changes that could be made to increase the businesses productivity and competitiveness.
Each business receives a Business Review Report outlining these findings and recommended actions.
The Business Review cost your business nothing, apart from your time.
Tailored Advisory Service:
Once an Enterprise Connect Business Review had been completed the applicant applied for a Tailored Advisory Service (TAS) government grant.
The TAS government grant gave you the chance to engage a consultant/s to make the improvements that your Enterprise Connect Business Adviser recommended in your Business Review. The grant would reimburse your business half the cost, up to a maximum of $20,000 (excluding GST) in any one year, of engaging the consultant/s.
The types of improvements eligible for funding may include, but are not limited to;
- Supply chain management
- Business and quality management systems
- Lean manufacturing/office
- Strategic and business planning
- Resource management
- Waste/resource management
- People and change management
- New product/service development
- Diversification/economies of scope
- Market access and development
- Export strategy
Business Clarity successfully completed a number of TAS improvement programs with businesses under the Enterprise Connect scheme.